Thursday, October 7, 2010

Most Comfortable Place to Write

Some people can put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) anywhere at any time.  Middle of the night on a work day?  Not a problem.  On a crowded subway car?  Good to go.



Me ... I'm more comfortable sitting down to write before I go to bed.  After everything that needed to get done that day is finished.  Dinner's done, my daughter's asleep, and the darkness of night envelops me.

I like to sit on the couch, seat reclined, laptop firmly on my ... laptop.

Sometimes a cup of coffee is on the end table to my right.  Other times it's a can of Dr. Pepper.  I'm most productive (creative writing-wise) on the couch.

I've tried to write longhand every once and a while over the past few years, but my hand cramps up way too fast.  It seems that years of being in the computer field has given the ability to type quickly and accurately but my wrist and hand muscles have atrophied for the purposes of writing with a pen.

How about you?  Where do you like to write?  Do you use a computer, or do you do it the old-fashioned way?

No comments: