Saturday, September 27, 2008

NewNovelist Review




I stumbled across this software package during a google search on tools for writers. I bought it and installed it after doing some more research about it.

Even though I tend to be a "pantser" when it comes to writing, I went through the dialogs and screens. I won't make any grandiose claims about it, but I found that after I had spent a few hours following the wizards, I had a much better and firmer grasp of where I wanted my last project to end up.

It made me think about things like character arcs and other details of story development that I usually don't spend much time planning. While that tactic worked for me in the past, it was proving difficult on my last project -- the great swamp of the middle of the novel -- that using this software helped me plan my way past.

Its not going to turn you into a novelist without you doing the legwork, but if you really want to write a book and are willing to put in the work to do it, then NewNovelist will help you.

My Rating: A

No comments: