Monday, September 22, 2008

Horses for courses....

Many years ago, when I was still in high school, my parents bought a chunk of undeveloped land in Montana. A few years ago, they retired, bought another, smaller chunk of land in Montana. They moved out west and started up a small ranch.

My daughter spends every summer out there (yay! mini vacation for me!) and has become quite adept at riding and other ranch activities. During her trip this year, she fell off one of the mares and cut her arm up pretty good on some barbed wire fencing. She's quite alright now, and in fact brags about how tough she is when showing off the scar.

Fast forward to yesterday. My mother called and told me that my father fell off of one of the horses (a stallion aptly named Scar). He cut his head open, had to get some stitches and staples. Additionally, he had a level 2 concussion which is causing him the usual side effects of concussions (forgetfulness, nausea, problems sleeping).

So, I decided to give a plug the website for their ranch business, Peak Performance Quarter Horses. I'm involved in the hosting of the site, but had nothing to do with the design.

Anyways, godspeed on my father's recovery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a beutiful place! I moved to the country but it has now become a metropolis. I kid you not. I moved to a hick town 10 years ago and I swear traffic is worse here than in parts of Chicago.
Enjoy the Wild Frontier. You're daughter is lucky.