Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Plone and the annoying ATAmazon...

So, I recently tried to make more use out of my Amazon Associate Id that I had gotten way back in 2001. Since I run Plone on a few of my sites, I tried to to install the ATAmazon product.

It didn't work.

Not only didn't it work, but it didn't even give me very helpful error messages to try to fix the problem myself. Other people seem to use it ... or at least know about it. I enter in the proper ASIN number (I know this, because you can click on the "Buy" button that it shows and go to the proper item's page), but none of the details seem to either retrieved or parsed properly.

Any tips or clues to help resolve this would be most welcome.

(EDIT: Silly amazon "deprecated" that version of their web services. Unlike the usual method of deprecation, they simply turned it off!)

No comments: